The Zeigerle has a long tradition as a restaurant in Bregenz. 1905 it has been mentioned for the first time as a “wine bar Torggelhaus”. The name is descended from a Torggel (wine press) that should have been in the garden at that time.
Rosa Pixner, a woman who was originally derived from the South Tyrol, the inn in Bregenz, Belruptstraße, was opened and soon became a popular meeting place for the city’s population.
In the middle of the 80’s of the last century the inn was run by a new host and was named “Zimsi’s”. The restaurant was very successfull until by the fatal crash of the host. The restaurant went towards changing and uncertain times.
After a brief interlude as food and wine restaurant with sale under the name “Vinarium” the doors of the inn seemed to close forever. After four years, in 2010 it was re-opened in a restored state as a restaurant “Zeigerle” by Kurt Obwegeser. Since then, it has its place among the restaurants in Bregenz.